Where have I seen Magnetacks?
At 10am EST on 2/24/2016, Magnetacks went live on The Grommet! The Grommet is a product launch platform that finds unique, undiscovered products and helps them succeed. The Grommet only launches 3% of the products they review, so it is quite an honor to have been selected to be featured!
Since launch, over 10,000 Magnetacks have been sold around the globe. We're saving the world one poster and photo at a time!
What are Magnetacks?
Magnetacks are magnetic push pins or magnetic thumbtacks that use very strong neodymium magnets to safely hang posters, photos, prints, artwork, memorabilia, and more, without damaging them - no holes, tape, or gooey adhesives. Oh yeah, and NO Tools Required!
Magnetacks are comprised of two components: the Base Tack and the Coupling Magnet
The XL Base Tack is longer, for walls (~5/8"), and the Classic Base Tack is shorter, for bulletin boards (~3/8"). Each Coupling Magnet is a 1/4" x 1/4" silver cylinder. See images below for reference.
How to use a Magnetack:
First: Tack the base magnet into the wall,
Second: Place your item over the base magnet,
Third: Magnet the coupling magnet over your item!
How do Magnetacks work?
In general, Magnetacks sandwich your item between two magnets to hold it in place, making them the best way to hang posters and photos without causing any damage to your poster or photo. Whether you're trying to hang large posters, unframed photos or even a cowhide, use Magnetacks! To see Magnetacks in Action, click here! To see Magnetacks in Action elsewhere, click here to view Magnetacks on Lee Varis' website for a show he used Magnetacks to hang.Back to top
What are the different kinds of Magnetacks?
- XL Magnetacks are made for walls so they have long base tacks. At 5/8" long, they are the best way to hang posters and photos on walls.
- Classic Magnetacks are made for bulletin boards so they have shorter base tacks. At 3/8" long, these Magnetacks are perfect for hanging items such as photos on bulletin boards or other shallow surface areas.
- Combo Magnetacks have both sizes in each pack!
- Coupling Magnets are provided for each Magnetack. Each Coupling Magnet is a 1/4" x 1/4" cylindrical strong Neodymium magnet. The standard color is a silver (natural) color.
- MagneCaps are vinyl caps that fit snugly over your Magnetack Coupling Magnet. MagneCaps are offered in black or white so you can choose which color suits your needs the best!
How much "weight" can Magnetacks hold?
- Magnetacks can hang unframed photos of various sizes. From A10 all the way up to A0 size.
- Magnetacks can hang multiple paper-thin items: a single Magnetack can hold up to 20 sheets of copy paper or newspaper pages, or several sheets of photo paper.
- Magnetacks can hang laminated items: a single Magnetack can hold up to 10 laminated sheets of paper (depending on laminate thickness).
- Magnetacks can hang standard unframed posters. For example, a poster of dimensions 24" x 36" can be supported by one Magnetack in each of the top two corners. However, we recommend one Magnetack in all four corners to prevent the poster from swaying as people walk by or by A/C.
- Magnetacks can hang slightly thicker (poster board) or larger size posters (72" x 48"), it may take several Magnetacks placed along the top to hang those up.
- Framed items - unfortunately Magnetacks are not strong enough to hang approximately 99.9% of all framed work. No, we haven't actually done the math but if you were able to use Magnetacks to hang something framed, please let us know!
- For other items, such as flags or cowhides or maps, please see below.
Which Magnetack is stronger?
Back to top
Can Magnetacks hang a cowhide or a flag or a reindeer skin or a map or a........?
Successful Magnetack Applications
- Unframed Photos!
- Unframed Posters!
- Flag: thin "silk-like" soccer team flag measuring 3' x 5'
- Flag: cotton flag measuring 3' x 5' had to use 10 Magnetacks along the top and 2 on bottom to prevent swaying
- T-shirt: men's cotton t-shirt hung up with one XL Magnetack
- Basketball jersey: game-used basketball jersey hung up with 4 Magnetacks
Unsuccessful Magnetack Applications
What size hole does a Magnetack leave in my wall?
The Base Tack nail is approximately 0.050" in diameter. That is the same size as a standard thumb-tack. The tip of a sharp pencil is also approximately 0.050" in diameter.
What is the best way to separate two (or more) coupling magnets?
We recommend that you separate the Magnetack coupling magnets by sliding them apart rather than by pulling them apart. See our MagneTalk Post here for a diagram!
We accept all returns on items returned in full resalable condition. All base tacks and all coupling magnets will be counted to ensure a full return order and the purchase price of the order will be refunded in full within 5-10 business days. Return shipping will not be refunded.
Are there any Magnetack retailers?
Willow - An Artisan's Market
2400 W Main Street
Madison Art Shop
17 Engleberg Terrace
Lakewood, NJ 08701
P: (732) 961-2211
32nd Avenue Books, Toys, & Gifts
3633 W 32nd Ave
Denver, CO 80211
$150+ Orders Ship Free?
Yes, but only when orders are shipped within the United States. International orders are subject to standard shipping fees.
What is your International shipping policy?
We do ship internationally but please keep in mind the following items: delivery times for standard international shipping can sometimes take up to 3 weeks depending on final destination. For example, shipments to London have taken 1 week, shipments to France have taken 3 weeks, shipments to Singapore have taken 4 weeks. Please take this into account when placing your international order. Also, you may be charged a customs fee to have your order delivered. Customs charges have varied from $15 to $75. We do not cover customs charges.